Zhongwei Gao Miao (Chinese name: 中卫高庙), or High Temple, located in the town near the Zhongwei County, is a grand jumble of buildings and styles. This temple has about 250 temple rooms, towers and pavilions.
The Zhongwei Gao Miao was first built during early Ming Dynasty (1368-1644 AD), but then flattened by an earthquake in 1739 AD. After that, it was rebuilt and enlarged. But again it was razed to the ground by fire in 1942.
This special temple used to serve for a few various religions, such as Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism and even Christianity.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.